Shri B.V.V Sangha was founded by His Holiness Sri.Gurubasava Maha Swamiji of Bilur in 1906 with the assistance of merchant philanthropists of this region to provide education to the remote rural public. The Sanskrit pathashala started in 1906 was the first venture of the sangha in initiating the educational activities. The clarity of vision and untiring efforts of the founder and subsequent administrators have gone a long way in shaping the destiny of sangha over a century. At present, the sangha has over 104 institutions under its umbrella that are involved in imparting knowledge and top class education in the fields of primary, secondary, higher and professional areas such as Pharmacy, Engineering, Medical, Dental, Nursing, Ayurveda, Law and many more.
More than 6000 employees are working in B.V.V..Sangha to cater to the needs of more than 40,000 knowledge seeking students who have enrolled to the various courses.
The Basaveshwara School of Pharmacy was started with D.Pharm. course in 1980 under the aegis of Basaveshwar Vidya Vardhak Sangha Bagalkot as a step towards the long cherished desire to provide higher education in healthcare service to the rural masses. In 1992 it was elevated to the status of college of pharmacy to meet the continuous need for qualified and trained pharmacy professionals and was renamed as HANGAL SHRI KUMARESHWAR COLLEGE OF PHARMACY. The college is recognised by Government of Karnataka, affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences,Bengaluru Karnataka and approved by Pharmacy Council of India, New Delhi. It has an excellent infrastructure, highly qualified and experienced teaching faculty and other student amenities providing a conducive atmosphere for academic excellence.